This book would be great for a social skills lesson on sharing and making new friends. Great for beginning of school year.In the story Llama meets Gnu girl, he has to learn to share with Gnu girl and to find something to play together that meets both of their different interests.
The text also rhymes throughout the story, this book could be used to reinforce different word families.
I found a activity pack on teachers pay teachers to go along with this book:
Included in this pack:
- Story sequencing activity
- Rhyming practice cards (great for a Memory activity!)
- Rhyming words practice sheet
- An original short story related to sharing (nice for fluency practice!)
- Extension activities for the short story
- Writing activity
Grades PreK - 1
Grade level Equivalent: 2
Guided Reading: L